- Swim with the whales experience (only boat in Hervey Bay)
- Option to have lunch and spend an afternoon at Kingfisher Bay Resort
- One of the most stable vessels
- 360 degree viewing
- Earliest tour start available (7am)
- Light breakfast (e.g. cereals, yoghurt, fruit, donuts and pikelets) - morning tour only for Hervey Bay guests
- Morning Tea or Afternoon Tea
- Lunch (included with Kingfisher Bay Package only)
- Pickup From Your Accommodation
- Accredited Commentary
- Free kids activity booklet
- Guaranteed Sightings or a Free Recruise
- Underwater Camera
- Water Level View
- Spotter Plane (on stand-by)
- Kiosk On Board
- Wheelchair access (deck and toilets)
- Undercover and open seating/viewing
- Eco Accredited
- Tour Group Size: 95ppl max
- Vessel Capacity: 100ppl
- Type: Motor
- Length: 19m
- Speed: 21-27 knots
You’re in good hands with the highly awarded Quick Cat II, as you’ll be cruising with the couple who pioneered whale watching in Australia in the late 1980s, and on one of the most stable vessels in Hervey Bay. It’s a perfect family day out!
The tour leaves from both Hervey Bay and Fraser Island (Kingfisher Bay Resort - morning only), and includes a free pick up from your Hervey Bay accommodation so you can take advantage of the fully licensed boat! And to keep the kids entertained, each child receives a booklet with activities, colouring in, puzzles, pictures and more. You can even purchase a DVD of the tour for posterity.
Like most tours available, the boat is equipped with a hydrophone to hear the whales and an underwater camera, a water-level viewing platform and 360 degree views from the boat, and includes complementary morning/afternoon tea and hot or cold snacks (for purchase). It is also one of the most wheelchair accessible vessels, with wide decks and at-level facilities.
Because the morning tour goes via Kingfisher Bay Resort, guests have the option to add lunch at the resort and spend the afternoon there before returning back to Hervey Bay.
*NEW* Swim with the whales experience: For an additional $95, guests can now swim with the whales in Hervey Bay. Please note this unique experience is subject to weather conditions, the behaviour of the whales, and the presence of calves.