- Epic 4-day adventure featuring whale watching and Fraser Island
- Guaranteed whale sightings or a FREE re-cruise
- Return Passenger Ferry Transfers from River Heads
- Half Day Whale Watch Cruise
- Full Day Fraser Island 4WD Ranger-Guided Tour including National Park Fees
- 3 Nights Resort Hotel Accommodation
- 3x Hot Buffet Breakfast
- 2x Morning Tea (Fraser Island and Whale Watching Tours)
- 1x Lunch (Fraser Island Tour)
- Tour Group Size: 50ppl max
- Vessel Capacity: 50ppl
- Type: Motor
- Length: 20m
- Speed: 10
The calm safe waters of Platypus Bay, on Fraser Island’s western side, are a prime whale watching spot. Each year, from 1 August through to late October, thousands of Humpbacks head north to the warm waters of the Great Barrier Reef.
During their migration back south, they stop to rest, play and sing, and nurture their calves in Hervey Bay - one of only two places in the world where they do this. It’s one of the reasons why the whale watch operator we work with offers a re-cruise if you don’t sight whales. It’s a pretty amazing spectacle and a great start or finish to your Hervey Bay holiday.
This package offers a winning combination for those wanting to experience the area’s highlights: a half day whale watching cruise; a full day guided tour of Heritage-listed Fraser Island; and the comfort of Kingfisher Bay Resort’s hospitality.